During 2017/4/26(Wed) 4:30 - 6:30 in the morning, we will perform the monthly maintenance as shown below. [ OS update: ] none # We will resume after a few minutes of service suspension due to restarting the server. [ Minor/Security update: ] (1) langage perl_5.24.1_1 (2) db mysql_5.5.55 (3) db-tool phpMyAdmin_4.7.0 (4) webmail roundcube_1.2.4,1 (5) vmware open-vm-tools-nox11_10.1.0_1,2
During 2017/4/17(Mon) 4:30 - 6:30 in the morning, we had performed the emergency maintenance as shown below. [ OS update: ] FreeBSD-11.0-RELEASE-p9 # The server is runninng through this maintenance.(non-stop) [ Minor/Security update: ] (1) DNS BIND-9.9.9P8_1 # Only DNS and NTP service had restarted. NTP: https://www.freebsd.org/security/advisories/FreeBSD-SA-17:03.ntp.asc DNS: https://www.vuxml.org/freebsd/c6861494-1ffb-11e7-934d-d05099c0ae8c.html
# ML service is operating using the part of the basic service provided by the general-purpose rental server. Therefore we will provide the maintenance and service based on the policy of the said server.
We have automated the request process of the registration for the ML and extension of using the ML, since March 2016.
(*) Update procedure for the extension of using the ML To the administrator of the ML, we will be sending out a confirmation mail around March 1st for extension of using the ML which you are using right now. # Our ML service is based on an annual update system, but for any ML that has been newly registered during every January to March, these may be available up to 15 month. In this case, the said confirmation mail will be sent on the next March. (*) For those who wish to continue using the ML next year When the confirmation mail for extension of use arrives on the beginning of March, please open the URL written in the mail and click "confirm" to begin the update procedure. # If you wish to change the ML administrator information, please open the URL written in the mail and modify the registered information and click "confirm" to begin the update procedure. (*) For those who wish to quit The above confirmation procedure is unnecessary. If there has been no further action, we will send out a final confirmation mail around April 1st to delete the ML (It is still possible to update the continuation procedure for the ML during April). Later on, the ML will be automatically deleted around May 1st. (*) Request procedure for registering a new ML From now on a request form will be unnecessary, when newly registering a ML. Instead, please use the "Registering request for a Mailing List" link below in the "Request procedure (Auto register)" column.
We have been providing the Mailing list (ML) service for on-campus since September 2009.
(*) This ML service is provided using Mailman. (*) We will automate the request process of registering and extension of using the ML from March 2016. You will not be required to fill up the request form anymore. Please refer to the "request procedure (auto register)" below. (*) All ML on the FML has been transferred to Mailman on 2016/1/20(Wed) and the use of the FML has been terminated. (*) It is fairly easy to set up since it is utilized on the web. But there are many rich functions to utilize. Using these properly and safely requires more or less knowledge and experience to operate a ML. (*) Please make use for education, research, and business.
This ML service only accepts the users who own the next 2 e-mail address as a ML administrator.
- u domain faculty member ( @u.tsukuba.ac.jp ) # Do not include student's account.
- un domain staff member ( @un.tsukuba.ac.jp )
- Due to annual update, it is available until the end of the school year.
- If you wish to continue using until the next school year, please go through the update procedure during March. (Information below)
- ML which has not gone through the update procedure will be deleted on the beginning of the next school year.
ML should be named under the next naming conditions.
- 5 - 21 characters in total ( Alphabet and hyphen only )
- First character should start with an alphabet ( E-mail address is not case-sensitive )
- Includes at least one hyphen "-" ( Maximum hyphen in one address is 3. However, hyphen should not be used on either ends nor be used consecutively )
- Cannot be similar to any student or faculty staff's address.
- Cannot use a ML name that has been used previously
[Good example:] firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org [Bad example:] email@example.com ( starts with a number) firstname.lastname@example.org ( consecutive hyphens ) email@example.com ( no hyphen included ) firstname.lastname@example.org ( too short )
- From an on-campus IP address, please fill out the necessary information in the "Mailing list registering request" and press the "Request" button to send the use request for the ML.
- This register reception is a provisional registration. You will receive a verification mail in your specified e-mail address.
- After the verification procedure completes, the mailing list will be created. You will also receive a guidance mail of how to use the ML.
- Any posted ML will not be saved in the system. Because of this, you may not obtain any past articles or use an archive.
- We will not specify any concrete limit of numbers of ML registration or registered ML members, but we assume the use of the system within the range of common sense. If in any case your ML causes our system operation any trouble, your ML may be changed or deleted.
- Please manage and operate the ML accordingly at the responsibility of the ML administrator.
- To change the ML administrator, the following procedure will be required.
(1) Log in to the Mailman's ML administration page. https://ml.cc.tsukuba.ac.jp:8443/mlmn/admin/<your ML name> (2) In the column "Arrange the list administrator’s address and other administrator to be on a separate line" inside the "overall option", change the mail address of the (NEW) and (OLD) ML administrators and save the changes. (3) By this, a notification mail regarding the ML will be sent out to the (NEW) ML administrator. (4) At this moment, the (OLD) ML administrator's name, affiliation, phone number etc. will still remain. (5) To update the attribute information, please do so on every beginning of March when the confirmation for extension of use e-mail arrives. # More specifically, the confirmation e-mail will be sent to the (NEW) ML administrator's address. The confirmation e-mail includes the (OLD) ML administrator's attribute information. To continue using the ML, please replace the information to the (NEW) ML administrator's and proceed. # If you will not continue using the ML, there is no need to replace the information or to proceed. Confirmation mail for deleting the ML will be sent in the beginning of April. If nothing has been done by the beginning of May, the ML will be automatically deleted.
[Mailman related information:]
# Mailman has many useful functions. For how to use these functions, please refer to the "Mailman list member's guide". However, Mailman's archive function cannot be used. Also, the summary function cannot be used.
- Academic Computer & Communication center: ML service staff
- E-mail: email@example.com # Can only be sent through on-campus mail address (tsukuba domain)
- TEL: 029-853-2457